Policy & Law
Texas A&M University has developed and adopted an accessibility policy for all Web pages containing official university information intended for public viewing. This policy and the resulting Standard Administrative Procedure is based on state and federal guidelines including Texas Administrative Code (TAC) §206 and the access standards of Section 508 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
Therefore, all Web sites and pages containing official university information must comply with the minimum requirements noted for university pages and for pages that are university Key Public Entry Points (KPEPs). Webmasters, designers and developers are encouraged to familiarize themselves with not only the university web accessibility policies and procedures, but also state and federal guidelines in an effort to provide truly accessible and usable sites and pages.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
State Laws and Guidelines
- Texas Administrative Code (TAC) §206
- State of Texas Web Accessibility Guidelines
- Texas Records and Information Locator (TRAIL) Rules and Guidelines